The cold & flu season are upon us. It’s a little early this year. What now? How to protect yourself naturally?
Here’s a few tips:
• Wash hands frequently
• Stay hydrated with water & herbal teas
• Eat plenty of fresh fruits and vegetables
• Chicken broth daily, homemade is best
• Rest and get plenty of sleep—in the Fall & Winter at least 9 hrs
• Use a humidifier to increase moisture in your nose and sinuses
How can essential oils help with cold and flu symptoms?
• Some break down and liquefy mucus
• Some are antispasmodic
• Anti-inflammatory properties
• Anti-allergic properties
• Some are immune stimulants
• Some have anti-bacterial and anti-viral properties
*At the first sign of a cold or the flu put a drop of tea tree oil on the tongue every 5min, 5-10 times.
Other helpful essential oils: lemon, black pepper, geranium rosemary, sandalwood, clary sage, lavender, frankincense, ravensara, thyme, oregano, peppermint, myrrh and sage, RC
Inhalation: 1 drop each of Eucalyptus Radiata, Peppermint, Tea Tree in a bowl of hot water, put a towel over you head and inhale
Gargle with 2 drops of Sandalwood + 2 drops of Lemon
2 drops of Cedarwood + 2 drops Eucalyptus in ½ glass of H20
Need an essential oil formula for sinus symptoms or cough? Contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org for essential oil recipes
To order essential oils www.youngliving.org/sunflowerhw